Hotel nearby Chartres, Giverny & Rouen in Haute Normandie
Activities at the Hotel and around at Verneuil-sur-Avre
The Hotel Le Clos suggest offers to lend you nice all aluminium bikes. You will track on the new greenway path takes you in the forest and countryside. More than 300 kilometers of track in Normandy and the Park National of the Perche: 300 kilometers of track.
Verneuil-sur-Avre: Founded in 1120 by Henry 1er Beauclerc, son of William the Conqueror, the town has kept track of its past as a fortress in charge if the defence of the Norman border with promenades and ramparts doubled by water moats. The town. Le Clos Relais & Chateaux at Verneuil-sur-Avre “La Magnifique” is located in a city classified “Among the 100 most beautiful roundabout routes of France”
Artistic & cultural events throughout the year:
- Discover the brilliance to light and practice the art of stained glass
- Exhibitions at the Espace Saint-Laurent an old and renovated abbaye which is now dedicated for exhibitions: painting, sculptures, patchwork, photography and a lot of artists from the region or Europe.
- Popular theatre: each year, they suggest 6 shows of high Quality
- La MJC le Silo : This new renovated house is dedicated for young people with music’s concerts.
- Cinéma le Trianon : bield in an old church call “Hotel Dieu”, this room suggest differents and new movies
Agenda of bigs events yearly:
- Festival L'Eure Poétique et Musicale (april & may) : International’s festival of classical music in the differents churches of the country
- International meeting of naive artists
- Read at Verneuil-sur-Avre (May): books fairs,, conferences, concerts, exhibitions, book signings, some thirty authors are invited.
- Medieval festival (Late May): medieval festival, tournament, crafts village, concerts, parades…
- Festival Franco-Quebec (August): 5 days of franco-quebecois events sur recitals…
- Christmas lights (Christmas) traditional & gourmet markets, illumination of the tower of la Madeleine (the highest church in Europe), show for children….
1 The castles:
- Champs de Batailles de Jacques Garcia : Beautiful castle renovated by the famoust architect and designer
- Anet : Private castle built for Diane de Poitiers the Huntress
- Maintenon : Enter in the secret garden of Madame de Maintenon, secret wife of Louis the IX
- Beaumesnil, Our Norman’s Versailles ans its museum of bookbinding
- Harcourt : A castle as a fortress in a green screen
- Vendeuvre : First collection in the World of miniature furniture
- Château de Versailles The Worldwide Jewel from Louis IX
2 The Impressionists:
The Cathedrals and Abbeys
3 Cathedrals & abbeys:
- Chartres Capital of light and Parfume. The cathedral is registred on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- Rouen, City of Art & history
- La chapelle Royale de Dreux Beautiful marble sculptures
- Mont Saint- Michel One of the wonders of the world
- la Route des Abbayes normandes More than 30 abbeys, every one of them appeading and beautiful…
- The Manufactory Bohin You will not see a needle like before
- Parc naturel régional du Perche Regional Natural park of the Perche called the french Tuscany with more than 200 castles
- Le Haras national du Pin The haras of Louis XIV called the Versailles of the horse
- Pêche à la Mouche à la Chaise Dieu du Theil « come and fish the biggest trout of your life!
- Naturama Le Bois des aigles Eagles in action like you have never seen
- Musée des instruments à vents A large museum with a nice collection of wind instruments
- Gacé la Dame aux Camélias Discover his history of the lady & his author Alexandre Dumas
- Illiers Combray cradle of the work of l'œuvre de Marcel Proust
Sports & Leisure
- Trecking: GR – 22 Paris to Mont-Saint-Michel, biker or horseback riding, you have a large choice between Nature and heritage.
- Golf Champ de bataille
- Riding Les Chevauchées du Genetay
- Hunting or Fly fishing Pêche à la mouche
- Canoë/kayak, pédalo
- Parcours aventure, escalade
- Randonnée - trecking voie verte, Randonnées du Perche
Our team is at your entire disposal to welcome you and give you a lot of touristics activities